Earn Your Degree Debt‑FreeLearn More
What is the New Jersey CCOG?
In February 2021, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy fulfilled his promise to make tuition‑free community college a reality by permanently establishing the Community College Opportunity Grant (CCOG). The goal of CCOG is to increase your earning potential and your access to opportunities with a free college degree.
CCOG supports NJ students, from all walks of life, pursuing their first degree. You can read some of their stories here! We also encourage you to check out different NJ community colleges to learn more about the resources and programs they offer to support your education and career success.
July 2022 Update
CCOG is the first step of New Jersey’s College Promise to a tuition-free bachelor’s degree in New Jersey. New Jersey students can now receive up to four years of affordable college, starting with two years of CCOG and then the 3rd and 4th year at a public, four-year institution through the Garden State Guarantee. Based on your income, your degree may be free. To learn more, click here.
Are You Eligible?
You’re eligible if you:
- Are a New Jersey resident with an adjusted gross income between $0 - $80,000
- Completed the FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application according to deadlines at www.njgrants.org
Click here for NJ Dreamer eligibility details
- Are enrolled in at least six (6) credits per semester at any of New Jersey's community colleges during Academic Year 2022-2023
- Have no prior college degree
- Make satisfactory academic progress